28/10/2007

Changing the clocks

We decided to drop by the cinema and see what was on. There was a film that we felt like seeing. We had missed a show at 16:05h and the next one was at 18:20h so we would have to wait for a bit more than an hour. In the end, we decided to get the tickets and then go for a walk and maybe a drink.

We got the tickets. I don't usually check them but today I did, I don't know why. I saw "16:05" written on the tickets and I pointed it out to the girl behind the counter, assuming that she would realize quickly that there was a mistake, we were already too late for the early session. She gave us a very strange look, obviously she didn't understand what was wrong.

Suddenly the answer came to us.

- We forgot that the clocks changed last night!!!
- Oh, you're right! And what time is it now?
- 16:05!!!
- So... there's nothing wrong with the tickets!

We rushed to our seats and just as we sat down the opening credits appeared on the screen! I think it's the first time that I forgot to change the clocks but I'm glad that it's the first time that I checked the tickets at the cinema.

No comments: